2021-22 Photo Editor: Noelani Sapla

Noelani Sapla
Photo provided by Noelani Sapla.

Noelani Sapla has been named Photo Editor of The Daily Aztec for the 2021-22 academic year. 

Sapla, who friends and family call “Lani”, has photo experience from the “point and shoot” middle school days but has taken photography more seriously as of lately. Since shooting sports events for The Daily Aztec in spring 2021, her favorite thing about photography is being able to capture moments that turn into lifelong memories. She is very excited to be a part of the editorial board this semester.

Whether it’s chilling at the beach or snowboarding in the mountains, Sapla enjoys being outdoors. Additionally, she enjoys attending concerts and taking photos.

Noelani Sapla is a senior studying liberal studies.

Noelani Sapla
Noelani Sapla, Staff Photographer, '21-22 Photo Editor
Born and raised in San Diego, Noelani is a graduate student at San Diego State University working towards a masters degree in education. She joined the Daily Aztec staff as the photo editor for the 2021-2022 year, and is currently a staff photographer. She credits the Daily Aztec for the experience and opportunities to cover the NCAA tournament in Houston where the men's basketball team played in the national championship game. While having a degree in education and teaching, Noelani's dream is to become a professional sports photographer.
2021-22 Photo Editor: Noelani Sapla