Aztecs thinking upset

This weekend the San Diego State volleyball team will fly to Chicago to compete against Kansas, DePaul, and Valparaiso in the DePaul Invitational.

SDSU will take on Kansas as its first opponent at 3 p.m. Although the Lady Aztecs have been a hard team to beat lately, they will definitely have to bring their A Game against the Jayhawks, who recently defeated Minnesota and are ranked No. 6 nationally with an impressive 8-1 record.

Expect solid performances from SDSU players such as sophomore outside hitters Raegan Shelton and Summer Nash, along with senior outside hitters Paije Pearson and Kyley Sexton. Sophomore and Junior middle blockers Andrea Terpstra and Andrea Hannasch have also had exceptional blocks during the team’s last five games, and it shouldn’t be any different when they face Kansas. With the extra conditioning Head Coach Deitre Collins-Parker has been making the ladies do at recent practices, it is no doubt that the Aztecs will be one of the toughest teams to beat this weekend.

The Jayhawks have clearly dedicated several hours to practices and conditioning earning their dominance so far with six back-to-back wins. Kansas certainly won’t be an easy win, but it seems the teams will meet each other’s match tomorrow.

The Aztecs’ match against Kansas is going to be a test of how far they can push themselves as a team offensively as well as defensively.

At A Glance:

When: Tomorrow at 3 p.m.

Where: DePaul Invitational in Chicago.

Why To Watch: SDSU and Kansas are both seeking to keep up their strong play and avoid a second loss.

Aztecs thinking upset