Crime Beat – 10/13/2011

Drunk in public
On Tuesday morning at approximately 12:30 a.m., the San Diego State Police Department responded to a call regarding a large African-American male who was approaching females near the 7-Eleven on College Avenue. The man was described as 6 feet tall, wearing a black shirt, dark shorts, glasses and a satchel. The man was suspected to be intoxicated and heading toward the SDSU Transit Center. Police arrived on the scene and found the man, who is not an SDSU student, and placed him under arrest for public intoxication.

Theft
Also occurring Tuesday was a bike theft reported at Cuicacalli Suites Residence Hall. The bicycle was an 18-speed, black and red Felt Q520 and was taken after its lock was cut. The bike  has lights on the front and back.

Armed and dangerous
Last Saturday, a report was called in regarding a suspect brandishing a weapon on Alvarado. The suspect, whose name was reported as “Aaron,” was described as being a 5-foot-11-inch African-American male dressed in all black. The suspect was reported to have been saying “blood.” He was last seen leaving the area in a silver Monte Carlo.
If you have any information regarding these incidents, call the SDSU Police Department at 619-594-1991 or email police@mail.sdsu.edu.

— Compiled by Staff Writer Kevin Smead.

Crime Beat – 10/13/2011