CAMPUS CRIME: 4-9-09

Man beaten in campus parking lot
March 29 8212; Police are still searching for two men who reportedly assaulted and injured a 46-year-old man in Parking Lot G. The attack occurred just after 11 p.m.

According to police, witnesses reported the man was beaten by two unidentified Hispanic males who were last seen walking northbound on College Avenue. One of the suspects was reportedly wearing a black hoodie with the hood over his head.

The victim suffered a bloody nose and lip and is now missing a tooth. A fire engine responded to the scene and the man was transported to Alvarado Medical Center for treatment.

Drug activity
April 6 8212; A residential adviser’s call to police resulted in the arrest and citation of a San Diego State student after he was reportedly found in possession of marijuana. Police arrested Paul Olivera, a 19-year-old resident of Zura Residence Hall, after finding small amounts of the drug. The RA called police after noticing the smell of marijuana in the room. Two others accompanied by Olivera were not cited.

Potential bike theft at fraternity thwarted

April 6 8212; San Diego State police caught a man in the act as he reportedly tried to steal a bike from the racks at the Sigma Phi Epsilon house on Hardy Avenue. According to police, the man, 57-year-old Anthony Avalos of San Diego, was seen tampering with a bike outside the fraternity by a witness, who called in the report. When police arrived at the scene, Avalos was still working to remove the bike. When asked his interest in the bike, Avalos said he had lost his key. Police arrested the man upon finding him in possession of wire cutters. He was cited for attempted petty theft and charge of possession of burglary tools.

Suspicious person
April 6 8212; A suspicious male was reportedly seen following and attempting to solicit females while in his vehicle. Two people reported the male to San Diego State police. The first female reported the information secondhand from another source, according to a media bulletin issued by SDSU police. The second female reported that the male parked next to her and continued to try to get her attention.

Traffic collision
April 6 8212; A 19-year-old bicyclist was hit in Parking Lot H on East Campus Drive. The victim was transported to Alvarado Hospital. No further information about her condition is available.

Domestic violence
April 6 8212; Police received reports of two domestic violence altercations that occurred over the weekend involving two people. The person reporting the crime described the first incident at UCSD and the second near Waring Road.

8212;Compiled by Staff Writer James Palen

CAMPUS CRIME: 4-9-09