Open Letter to Students

From Jim Sterk — San Diego State Director of Intercollegiate Athletics

I would like to commend the San Diego State student body for their support of your Division I athletic programs. Early on this season, our head football coach Rocky Long mentioned how much of a factor the student support was when the Aztecs defeated Washington State.Add Media

Last season at men’s basketball games, “The Show” became a national story. Media who cover college basketball throughout the country were quick to point out that the SDSU student section was as good as anywhere in the country. I agree with that observation. We’re the best when our students show up in great numbers. That’s what happened all last basketball season, and again through the first three football games this season.

In the coming weeks (starting this Saturday against New Mexico), the football team faces some critical home games. It would be wonderful if student enthusiasm increased as the year progresses. I know you’ll be there when we host Boise State on Nov. 19th. The games this Saturday (New Mexico) and on Dec. 3rd (Fresno State) are equally important as the Aztecs look to go to a bowl game in back-to-back seasons. Help us get there. Get your free game tickets, WEAR RED to the game, be loud and Rock the Q!

Open Letter to Students