Making party planning easier

Screenshot by David J. Olender / Photo Editor

From graduation parties to Greek events, www.socialbetty.com makes event planning easier for everyone.

Heather Nelson attended San Diego State and has used both her bachelor’s and master’s degrees to create www.socialbetty.com as well as other companies.

After being involved on campus and planning a variety events from birthday parties to work events, Nelson decided too much time was being wasted researching, calling and being disappointed by venues.

This Web site allows you to enter in the type of event you want to host, the date, time, number of people and your budget. From there, venues that match your requests will contact you to discuss your options and help arrange the event.

Time is often wasted navigating through a bombardment of options from search engines, calling each business and sometimes even going to the location to see it yourself. This Web site, however, allows you to narrow down your options before all that. This way, you can spend that time planning something more important such as the décor or perfect outfit.
“It’s a way for venues to know what you’re looking for and they already know where you are at with a budget and event plans,” Nelson said. “It’s very helpful.”

This could help event planners find better deals because the businesses and venues are competing for your service.

A few of the venues that can be reserved through www.socialbetty.com are The Bitter End, Marble Room, Prospect Bar & Lounge, Cafe-Bar Europa and Yard House. Currently the Web site only helps people in San Diego, but it’s in the process of going national.

Nelson said that she often attends alumni events and still has close ties to SDSU, which is why she hopes her Web site can help students plan events such as graduation celebrations, birthday parties and events for any kind of student organization.

“Big or small, events don’t have to be so difficult and frustrating to plan,” Nelson said. “Socialbetty.com is convenient and available to anyone 24/7.”

Making party planning easier