A traveler’s new best friend

Screenshot by David J. Olender / Photo Editor

After an amazing semester traveling around Europe, there isn’t anything you’d like more than sharing the experiences through pictures and stories. Why not share that amazing semester with others who share that same passion for travel and adventure on the newly designed Web site, www.trotterbud.com.

At www.trotterbud.com, all kinds of travelers are able to explore the globetrotter’s community, which is designed to appeal to the explorer, student, backpacker and adventure-seeker by offering options such as booking a hostel, sharing pictures from past travels, rating cities and filling out surveys on places all over the world.

TrotterBud users rate cities by aspects such as nightlife and safety, while having the option to fill out surveys that offer recommendations to new travelers. The future also looks promising for this site created by San Diego State students for students, with plans to incorporate the hostel community and study abroad offices at universities worldwide.

The newest feature to the site is the option to flag your photos. This allows users to flag photos to let other users know if they have already been there or if they wish to go there in the future. The flags on the site give fellow travelers a colorful insight into the others’ travels.
This site is perfect for anyone who has traveled or aims to travel in the future. The insight of fellow travelers who share the same passion for new cultures, languages and adventures is enough of an incentive to sign up for an account and start sharing flags, adventures and pictures of your travels.

A traveler’s new best friend