HOW TO: Put together a scary rager

It’s 10 p.m. on Halloween night and you have about 80 of your friends coming over 8212; or so it says on the confirmed guest list on Facebook 8212; problem is you haven’t set anything up. Rest assured, there is help.

First things first, you need music. Forget decorations, without something to bump and grind on other peoples’ skanky Bob the Builder costumes, a Halloween party is just as boring as your freshman orientation day. I suggest going to Target and grabbing those CDs right next to that box that sells rainforest noises and sound bites of babbling brooks. Grab a CD with those generic Halloween sounds such as a witch’s boiling cauldron, bats flying through a cave, generic child screams and obviously the “Thriller” bonus track.

Secondly, you need to focus a little bit on the decorations. I would put all my eggs in one basket and hope that you can just grab a few orange and black balloons while waiting in the checkout line at the liquor store (we’ll come back to this). If you really want to get Picasso with it, I guess you could buy those annoying streamers, fake limbs to put on your doorstep or just put a scary movie on the big screen and hope people don’t notice your lack of preparation and interior design 8212; oh, and buy black lights. Trust me.

The last thing, in this case, is definitely the most important thing 8212; drank. Without some good Halloween drinks you really don’t have a party to begin with. If you are on a budget, I suggest filling a bowl with Taaka and adding orange food coloring. If you feel like splurging, go ahead and take some Patron and just add dry ice for effect.

Whatever you end up doing, remember to have fun and be safe this Halloween. And if your party doesn’t end up working out, always have a plan to get everyone out of your house really early so you can make it to all the other parties. I recommend yelling, “D.E.A.!”

&-Faryar Borhani is a journalism junior.

&-This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of The Daily Aztec.

HOW TO: Put together a scary rager