MEN’S BASKETBALL: West

Well, it’s that time of year again. Time to set apart the men from the boys. That’s right folks, it’s Mustache March. One of my roommates told me mine is coming in quite “creeperishly,” while another roommate told me the other day I look like Adolf Hitler.

While I can’t fill out a full mustache, I can fill out an NCAA bracket. So heed these words.

FINALFOURPREDICTIONS

FINAL FOUR: Kansas, Syracuse, West Virginia, Duke

CHAMPION: Kansas

QUOTABLE: “Who names their kid Jimmer?”

Early Upset:
For those of you who always pick Gonzaga as your sleeper, the Zags aren’t getting past Syracuse in the second round. Other than 12-seeded UTEP possibly beating Butler, there isn’t much upset potential in the early stages of the West bracket.

Bracket Buster:
With teams like Vanderbilt, Butler, Oakland (Michigan) and BYU in the West, there is one thing very clear 8212; this bracket is extremely Anglo-Saxon. So look for UTEP to resurrect its “Glory Road” days and knock off a few traditionally Caucasian-filled teams. Theoretically, it could play Vanderbilt, Gonzaga and BYU in addition to its opening round game against Butler.

Player to Watch:
All comments regarding race aside, I hate BYU’s Jimmer Fredette. So don’t watch him. Don’t watch Syracuse’s Arinze Onuaku either, because he’ll be picking his nose on the bench while nursing an injury. Watch his teammate &- 6-foot-7-inch forward Wesley Johnson. He can do it all.

Matchup to Watch:
BYU hasn’t won an NCAA tournament game since 1993. If it breaks that streak against a weaker Florida team, the Cougars will likely face Kansas State in the second round. I don’t know how you’re going to manage seeing this game without watching Fredette, but figure it out. Maybe adjust the contrast on your television set.

MEN’S BASKETBALL: West