San Diego club serves adrenaline all night long

David J. Olender / Photo Editor

“Make your life a fun adventure!” This is the motto for Adventure Club San Diego. If you are a full-fledged adrenaline junkie needing an outlet for your energized life, or if you are just bored with being a couch potato, the Adventure Club could be for you.

A variety of activities can be found among the monthly planned events and vary depending on the time of year. Mountain climbing, skydiving and white-water rafting are among the more daring pursuits. Goings-on such as beachside barbecues, sailing and horseback riding are for the more tranquil crowd.

The Adventure Club also hosts holiday parties, cruises, and international and domestic travel. In short, one can find a number of activities to fill their social, travel and exploratory calendars with this organization.

The Adventure Club San Diego was founded five years ago as a social club for the slightly spirited outdoorsman (or woman). Since it’s inception, the club has morphed from a social club into an outlet for exploration, and the quest for the ultimate escapade.

A focus on adventure experiences can be linked to the current director, Al Horne, and to the members who understand that social aspects are not lost in adventure, but rather enhanced.

The club’s mission is to provide quality adventures for its members, build lasting relationships, and connect with other adventure clubs worldwide. The Adventure Club also seeks to build relationships with local businesses and to advantageously use technology to further members’ experiences.

Members can expect many benefits when they join the Adventure Club San Diego, such as free access to multiple events and discounts on larger group events. Discounts are also given at participating local San Diego businesses.

Adventure Club members have a say on what activities they would like to see on the calendar and they can access people who are looking to have fun, even if an event has not yet been planned. Club members are also linked with other adventure clubs throughout the nation.

Members range in age from 21 to 50 years old, but members must be at least 21 years old to join. It has an equal mix of male and female, single and married. Anyone who is looking to “make your life a fun adventure” is encouraged to join.

If you are interested in becoming a member check out the Web site www.adventureclubsd.com where you can learn more about the club and find contact information.

You can also e-mail Horne at AdventureClubSD@yahoo.com. Mention this article and Horne will give you a promotion code for 90 days of free membership.