CAMPUS CRIME: 4-16-09

Indecent exposure
April 12 8212; Shortly after 2 p.m., a report was made to police stating a man was walking in Peterson Gym without any clothes on. The man was described as a white male around 25 years of age, carrying only a large, orange bag. He was reportedly walking around the hallway, but, upon arrival, San Diego State police were unable to locate him.

Vehicle burglarized at Fraternity Row
April 12 8212; Burglars reportedly targeted the underground parking at Fraternity Row in the early hours of the morning, breaking into a car and stealing various items. According to the report, the theft occurred some time between midnight and 2:45 a.m. Among the items stolen were subwoofer speakers, an iPod and the iPod’s cable.

Aggressive transient hits woman
April 12 8212; With the aid of SDSU police, the San Diego Police Department arrested a man after he reportedly hit a woman at a store at the corner of Lindo Paseo and College Avenue. The man, identified as Marshall Ketchum, is described as a transient. Ketchum reportedly continued to cause problems at the store after the doors were closed on him. He was detained by SDSU police and later arrested by SDPD. Ketchum could face charges of battery for the incident.

Suspicious person

April 10 8212; A resident of the Alpha Phi sorority house reportedly saw a man casing property inside one of the rooms around 6:25 a.m. According to the report, the man is described as a Hispanic male around 40 years old, short in stature with a normal build and wearing a green camouflage shirt with blue jeans. The witness reportedly asked the man who he was, and he responded by gesturing for her to be quiet. He then fled the area in an unknown direction. How the man entered the room is unknown.

Grand theft
April 10 8212; San Diego State police arrested two men who reportedly entered the Nu Alpha Kappa house uninvited and took two fraternity letters from the house’s rear fence. After a verbal dispute with fraternity members, the men threw the letters back in the yard and left, walking toward 55th Street. House residents reported and described the men to police, who later caught up to the men and identified them as Glen Carter and Jamar Smith, both non-SDSU students. Police arrested the men, and they may face charges of grand theft and conspiracy.

8212;Compiled by Staff Writer James Palen

CAMPUS CRIME: 4-16-09