FOR YOUR EARS ONLY: Jakob Dylan ? like father like son

Courtesy of Wikipedia

Continuing in his father’s footsteps, songwriter and musician Jakob Dylan, son of legendary folk musician Bob Dylan, released his first solo album, “Seeing Things.” Produced by Columbia Records, “Seeing Things” puts Dylan’s talents on display for all to hear.

Perhaps best known as the lead singer of “The Wallflowers,” Dylan shows that dear old Dad isn’t the only storyteller in the family. Filled with imagery and symbolism, Dylan’s lyrics paint a portrait both beautiful and moving, putting listeners in a trance that draws them into the story itself.

True to the folk genre, the primary instrument is the acoustic guitar. Although there is nothing flashy to the playing, it complements the lyrics very nicely, playing to the tone of the tale being told, further enrapturing the listener into the deep folds of the story.
    After listening to the entire album, it quickly becomes obvious that this slow-flowing archive of stories is a true piece of art. Although he may forever be in the shadow of his legendary father in terms of fame, Jakob Dylan proves that his skills as a songwriter and storyteller are nothing to be overlooked, and that riding the coattails of his father isn’t necessary.

Artist:
    Jakob Dylan
    Album: “Seeing Things”
    Record Label: Columbia Records
    Grade: B+