Tech startup improves online learning

No matter what the contradictions are about online classes, it is true they are becoming more widespread and the technology is improving.

Students in the 21st century are likely to take at least a few online classes in their college careers. An article out of Reuters mentions a new technology startup company called 2tor, Inc. that apparently has come up with an online class system that rivals in-class instruction.

John Katzman is the founder of 2tor, which has already partnered with reputable universities such as Georgetown University, University of Southern California and University of North Carolina. Katzman thinks the online education world is barely starting to blossom, and several venture-capital firms have made investments in his company.

One of the company’s main services is an online Master of Business Administration program. It seems that 2tor is more of a partner with the university to enhance its educational offerings, rather than a stand-alone learning institution. More information can be found at 2tor.com.

Stock Market News

Stocks started the week out on a positive note on Monday with the Dow Jones Industrial Average ending 78 points higher at 12,077. The NASDAQ and S&P 500 also increased and ended at 2,155 and 1,257 respectively. Yesterday morning the markets traded relatively flat with the major indices up by only about .1 of a percent. During the last check, the Dow was at 12,109, the NASDAQ was at 2,658 and the S&P 500 was at 1,257

Tech startup improves online learning