Aztec Gaming: The Year Ahead – Wii

Aztec Gaming: The Year Ahead - Wii

Well here we are, it’s 2012, also known as the year of the Wii U (or the year of the apocalypse if you want to be negative about it).

2011 wasn’t a big year for the Nintendo Wii, although it did introduce the amazing new entry into the “Zelda” Universe, “Skyward Sword”.

Unfortunately, “Zelda” (or Link rather) alone couldn’t save the Wii last year. This year, however, Nintendo is finally going to fight back against it’s console competitors.

Before that, here’s what to look forward to for the Wii:

• Rhythm Heaven Fever” February 14thTo whoever said that the “rhythm game craze is over” obviously has never heard of this gameWhat sets this game apart from all the others you ask? Simple. It’s the best fusion of “Wario Ware”-type micro-mini games and, you guessed it, rhythm-based games. “Rhythm Heaven Fever” sports more than fifty games all crammed into one disc, which will lead to hours upon hours of fun.

• Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond” February 2nd – The next installment in the often arbitrary Pokemon spin-off games, this particular adventure stars the ever adorable Pikachu and his current Poke-friends Oshawott, Tepig, and Snivel (a.k.a Smugleaf). There’s something strange going on in Pokepark again and it’s up to Pikachu and his friends to find out what’s going on. Along the way you’ll get to control a number of other pokemon to help Pikachu and pals.

• Mario Party 9”March 11thThat’s right! The party still hasn’t stopped! It’s “Mario Party 9”! Mario and the gang are back again for a board game based night of fun! This time we’ve got a couple new characters entering the mini-game fun! For the first time ever you can take control of a Shy-Guy, Koopa Troopa, and Baby Bowser!

• Xenoblade Chronicles” – April 3rdSingle-handedly the most anticipated game for the Wii, “Xenoblade Chronicles”is an open world role playing game that combines science fiction and fantasy. Since it first came out in Japan over two years ago, die-hard fans have been dying for the US import of the game. Well that day is on the horizon! Finally, US gamers will have the chance take control of Shulk and the legendary Xenoblade!

• The Amazing Spider-Man” – July 3rdLook out! Here comes the Spider-Man slinging webs to the Nintendo Wii! The game takes place in the renewed universe of the “Amazing Spider-Man” just shortly after the movie of the same title. Taking control of the titular superhero, the player can fling themselves from web to web throughout the New York skyline and save the world in this brand new open-world adventure.

Other titles to look forward to:

• Major League Baseball 2K12” – March 6th.

• Men in Black III” – May 22nd.

• Madden NFL 2013” – August 28th.

Be sure to stick around with Nintendo this year, because the Wii U will hit the shelves sometime this year.

The gaming community shall be waiting with bated breath for this monumental occasion. So until then, enjoy the swan song of the Nintendo Wii with these last eight games, and keep following “Aztec Gaming”!

Aztec Gaming: The Year Ahead – Wii