Several suspicious persons reported in college area

chanpipat

Last weekend, a number of reports were filed regarding suspicious persons in the College Area.

Sunday evening, a male suspect attempted to gain entrance to the Zura Residence Hall on Montezuma Road. He was reportedly stopped by the residence clerk, then explained he had left his wallet in a student’s room. The student was contacted, but claimed to have never heard of the suspect before. The resident’s door had been left ajar. The suspect, an 18-year-old African-American male, was last seen in H lot at approximately 8:30 p.m.

Later Sunday, between 7 and 10 p.m., a vehicle was broken into in Parking Structure 5. The victim reported cash and clothing had been taken, and upon discovering the theft, the victim’s door was left ajar, leaving the thief’s method of entry unknown.

On Saturday, a landline text was received from a female who was trapped in her apartment, too afraid to call the police, because there was an unknown man inside with her. The suspect was described as in his late 60s, with a ponytail and a biker jacket. The suspect left through the front door and traveled in an unknown direction. The SDPD is currently handling the case.

On Friday morning at around 7:15, a man was reported waving a walking stick outside of the 7-Eleven on College Avenue. The suspect was said to have been mentally unstable, yelling threats at those around him. He was described as being a mid-30s male, wearing a white hooded sweater and black jeans.

If you have any information regarding these incidents, please contact the SDSUPD at 619-594-1991, or at police@mail.sdsu.edu.

–Compiled by Assistant News Editor Kevin Smead