Icons Nada Surf remain ‘Popular’

Courtesy of José Del Rìo Mons
    Courtesy of José Del Rìo Mons

Nada Surf is on tour this winter in support of its upcoming album, “The Stars Are Indifferent to Astronomy,” set to be released tomorrow. Fans have been waiting four long years for the band’s seventh album.

The band formed in the mid-1990s, and is comprised of Matthew Caws, Daniel Lorca, and Ira Elliot. Nada Surf kicked off its career with the well-known hit, “Popular,” which broke onto the scene in 1996. “Popular” enjoyed anthemic success levels with its grunge rock guitar and vocals. The band has also released albums “The Weight Is a Gift” and “Let Go.”

Nada Surf’s music is full of infectious hooks that last long after the final bridge, leaving an inexplicably soulful feeling, with a meaningful wisdom behind each song. The combination of great hooks and depth has led to hits such as “Always Love,” “See These Bones” and “Inside of Love.” The band’s music continues to tug at the heartstrings of fans almost 20 years later.

Nada Surf returns to San Diego this Saturday as part of the “Bring On The Bright Lights” series at 4th & B. Local favorites The Soft Pack, Cuckoo Chaos and Republic of Letters are supporting. Tickets range from $20-$30 and this is a 21 and older show. Doors open at 7 p.m.

For more information on Nada Surf’s 4th & B show, as well as a link to download the band’s new single “When I Was Young,” visit 4thandbevents.com.

Icons Nada Surf remain ‘Popular’