Crime Beat: Fight breaks out at Trujillo’s Taco Shop

Drunk and disorderly
On Friday evening, a fight broke out at Trujillo’s Taco Shop on College Avenue. The fight was between five males who were reported to be extremely intoxicated. Police arrived at the scene and arrested one SDSU student with a public intoxication charge.

Domestic disturbances
The San Diego State Police Department dispatched officers twice during the weekend to Albert’s College Apartments to settle domestic disputes.

Thursday evening, a caller claimed she was attempting to retrieve her property from her ex-boyfriend’s apartment, and he was not being compliant. The suspect was reportedly an active military member and had no history of violence. Police arrived at the scene and assisted the caller.

On Sunday morning, SDSUPD was notified of a domestic assault. The reporting caller’s boyfriend allegedly hit her and was screaming obscenities. No weapons were reported at the scene. The San Diego Police Department and the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department responded.

Thefts
Several items were stolen from areas on and around campus last weekend.

On Thursday, a beach cruiser was reported stolen from the University Towers bicycle rack around 11:30 a.m. The bike was described as a Firmstrong Urban light-yellow single speed.

Another bike was reported stolen later Thursday from the Aztec Corner apartments. The bike was reportedly locked, and was described as a black road bike valued at $400 with an RVCA sticker.
On Sunday, the burglary alarm was set off for the Bank of America ATM at East Commons. Police responded, but nothing was found at the scene. The cause of the alarm is unknown.

If you have any information regarding these incidents, please contact the SDSU Police Department at 619-594-1991, or at police@mail.sdsu.edu.

–Compiled by Assistant News Editor Kevin Smead