Sasquatch lineup revealed for May

Chris Pocock, Opinion Editor
Chris Pocock, Opinion Editor

For those unable to attend the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival this year, fear not — there are other festivals within reach. Granted, reaching the other events demands a bit of a road trip — or, in the case of South By Southwest, a steep financial commitment — but the adventure is well worth the cost.

For the uninitiated, Sasquatch Music Festival is a four-day event featuring a broad range of music, comedy and other performances at The Gorge Amphitheatre in George, Wash. during Memorial Day weekend in late May. The 1,229-mile, 22-hour drive is not for the weakhearted, but those who make the journey are in for sweeping vistas, crystal-clean air, green natural beauty and a truly unforgettable experience.

Producers Live Nation and Adam Zacks released the lineup last Friday. Jack White is set to release a solo effort early this year; he will be headlining at this year’s Sasquatch. The iconic, dancy, irresistible Beck is also featured. The festival will also include many of the same musicians performing at Coachella. The Shins, Bon Iver, M. Ward, Girl Talk and Feist will stop in at The Gorge after festivities wrap up in Indio. Post-rockers Mogwai and Explosions in the Sky will play on the Bigfoot Stage. Jack Black and Kyle Gass will also play as Tenacious D and sketch group Portlandia will perform skits as well.

Event organizers have announced four-day passholders will have in-and-out privileges this year. Several VIP packages with prices reaching $6,500 are also available. These packages provide everything from fully furnished safari tents to yurts to tickets including food and beverages.

The complete lineup, along with song samples of the performing artists, is available at sasquatchfestival.com.

Sasquatch lineup revealed for May