FILM & FASHION ISSUE: New comedy from ‘Hangover’ crew

(L-r) ROBERT DOWNEY JR. as Peter and ZACH GALIFIANAKIS as Ethan in Warner Bros. Pictures­ and Legendary Pictures comedy a Warner Bros. Pictures release.

By Amanda Macias, Staff Writer

From the director of “Old School” and “The Hangover,” comes “Due Date,” a gut-wrenching comedy featuring the immeasurable talents of Juliette Lewis, Jamie Foxx and Michelle Monaghan.

Peter Highman (Robert Downey Jr.) has just five short days to make it from Los Angeles to Atlanta for the birth of his first child. In a bizarre turn of events, Peter is forced to frantically drive cross-country alongside aspiring actor, Ethan Tremblay (Zach Galifianakis) and his spoiled pooch. As the journey begins, Peter sets a number of guidelines for Ethan to follow to keep the trip running as smoothly as possible. But as Ethan attempts to get know Peter more intimately throughout the trip, he proceeds to push all of Peter’s buttons and deadlocks on his last nerve, completely disregarding Peter’s original ground rules.

As things start to take a turn for the worst, Peter warns Ethan, “If I miss the birth of my child, I’m going to choke you out with your own scarf. Wrap that thing around your neck and choke you out.” In his attempts to find quick fixes, the socially challenged and morally lacking Ethan ends up creating problems beyond his own comprehension, leaving Peter on the brink of insanity and struggling to press forward.

Complete with a well-rounded cast of established actors and a comedic quote ability not seen since “The Hangover,” released just one year ago, “Due Date” is sure to break through the box office with an explosive force.

In the wise words of Ethan, always remember, “You better check yourself before you wreck yourself.”

For more information about this film,  visit duedatemovie.warnerbros.com.

Movie: Due Date

Directed by: Todd Philips

Release Date: Nov. 5

Starring: Robert Downy Jr., Zack Galifianakis