Crime Beat – 2/3/2011

Battery at Phi Kappa Theta
On the evening of Jan. 21, a San Diego State student was reportedly assaulted at the Phi Kappa Theta fraternity house during a dispute about alcohol. According to the police report, the victim showed up to the party with a bottle of alcohol he shared with the group of people with which he arrived. The accused individual assumed the alcohol was for “whoever wanted some,” and began consuming it. When confronted by the victim, the accused struck the victim in the face five times. The victim refused medical attention and is accusing the suspect of battery.

Public intoxication in Peterson Gym
During the first full week of classes at SDSU, student Terry Vasleke was removed from a class in Peterson Gym and arrested for public intoxication. Reportedly, Vasleke was being uncooperative during class by bothering other students, talking loudly and crying. She was taken out of class and transported to jail at 5 p.m. the same day.

Disturbing the peace in Zura Hall
At approximately 1:45 a.m. on Jan. 27, student Courtney Kleban and non-student Kylie Gasbar caused a disturbance at Zura’s front desk, which resulted in charges for consumption of alcohol by a minor in a public place. The two were trying to check in to a resident’s room, though the resident was not present with them. The two were “verbal and uncooperative” with the front desk, resulting in police intervention. The two were not arrested and free to go after being cited.

Crime Beat – 2/3/2011