Crime Beat

Grand theft at Albert’s College Apartments

Two washing machines were stolen from an unlocked laundry room at Albert’s College Apartments located on 55th St. San Diego State Police Department said the theft occurred between the evening of Friday, June 15 and Monday, June 18.

Last Tuesday, police received a report of a stolen Apple iMac desktop computer from the Administration Rehabilitation and Post Secondary Education & Interwork Institute. The theft occurred between last Monday afternoon and the morning of the report.

Computers, phones and personal items stolen

Last Thursday, police received a report of a stolen men’s blue mountain bicycle. The bike was taken from the Villa Alvarado Residence Hall between May 3 and May 18.

At 11:22 p.m. last Wednesday, police received a report that a white Apple iPhone 4S had been stolen from the Aztec Recreation Center earlier.

A desktop computer tower was reported stolen from the Department of Economics in Nasatir Hall last Monday, June 18. Police said the theft occurred between May 4 and May 14. Police have been unable to locate the suspects.

Man throws himself into traffic, vandalizes bus

Last Friday at 3:45 p.m., police responded to a 911 call from the intersection of College Ave. and Lindo Paseo Ave., where a man threw himself on the ground in the crosswalk and exclaimed that cars had almost hit him. Police said the man, Gilbert Bernard, could be suffering from a mental illness.

Bernard proceeded to vandalize a window on a Metropolitan Transit System bus, before he was arrested, cited and released with charges of vandalism.

Crime Beat