Crime beat 9.26.2012

Battery at Albert College Apartments

Last Thursday night, an incident of battery was reported at the Albert’s College apartments in the Palm building on 55th Street. The victim reported a male assaulted her and her boyfriend, punching both of them when he was asked to stop harassing them.

Series of Strong Arm Robberies Near Campus

At about 5:40 p.m. last Thursday, an african american male in his early 20s approached the victim from behind on the 5700 block of Montezuma Rd., less than half a mile from campus. The suspect forcibly took the victim’s iPhone, ran and got into a gold 2007 hyundai elantra driven by anoth- er suspect. The first suspect was described as approximately 5 feet 7 inches tall, approximately 200 pounds, wearing a grey hooded sweatshirt and tan shorts. The second suspect was described as an african american male in his early 20s, of thick build, with a buzzed or shaved head. Police are currently following up and acting on several leads.

At about 11 p.m. last Friday, on the 4900 block of college ave., the suspect attempted to take the victim’s backpack by force. The victim was not injured and the suspect fled on foot toward Greek circle. The suspect is described as an african american male in his 30s or 40s, about 6 feet 1 inch tall, heavy set with a goatee, black doo rag, green shirt and black cargo shorts. Police are investigating the incident.

Theft at Sigma Nu Fraternity

Last Thursday night, a purse was stolen from the Sigma Nu Fraternity house on Aztec Walk. The reporting person said she hid her purse under a pillow on abedatapartyandthatitwas gone by 9 a.m. the next morning. The reporting person is trying to acquire the names of people who had access to the room in hopes of recovering the purse, which contained her Burberry reading glasses, three credit cards, her iD and prescription medication.

Crime beat 9.26.2012