Across the years, No Doubt endures

The four talented performers from No Doubt, known for their hits like “Don’t Speak” and “Hey Baby,” have reunited and have been on the media talking to fans about its long journey as a band. Regardless of everything they’ve been though, the friendship of the group hasn’t changed, from the times of hanging out in the garage as kids to raising their own families.

Gwen Stefani, the lead singer of the band, is recognized for numerous projects including her own career with albums, “Love, Angel, Music, Baby” and “The Sweet Escape,” her fashion lines of L.A.M.B. and Harajuku Lovers and of course her new family with Gavin Rossdale. All of this has not seemed to stop Stefani from continuing with the project responsible for her rise to fame. According to USA Today, the singer admits the delay for No Doubt’s new album was partly her fault. “We got sick of wondering if we were going to finish,” Stefani said. “It was a long journey, and that was mostly my fault.”

Eventually, the members formed once again to create “Push and Shove,” their first album in 11 years. Their album “Rock Steady” was released before the arrival of YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and the iTunes Store; the iPod had been out for only one month. It’s pretty amazing how time flies.

The band has also been on both sides of “fitting in,” especially considering its earlier sound when it was starting out. At the time around when Nirvana was killing the scene, the group wasn’t sure if its sound was going to be accepted. According to E! News, Stefani admits it was basically doing the opposite of what was mainstream. Guitarist Tom Dumont explains how the band just wanted to perform and play good music, not to be famous. “Tragic Kingdom,” released in 1995, shocked the band by selling 8.2 million copies. It seemed like the group stuck to its roots by not getting caught up in the mainstream world. It’s obvious that “Settle Down,” the first single from No Doubt’s new album “Push and Shove,” has a more distinctive sound from what people hear today. But the band says it put different sounds, from pop-rock to dancehall, together and what came was the record.

No Doubt will always be known for being unique (even if it is in the mainstream), but what truly sets it apart from other bands is the members who value their family and friendships with each other. Plus, just like its multi-dimensional music, the members of No Doubt are multi-talented, handling business and personal lives with ease.

Across the years, No Doubt endures