Crime Beat/ 10-27-2010

Attempted burglary

A burglary was attempted at Sigma Chi Fraternity Oct. 19 at approximately 4 p.m. Allen Chapman, 30, who is not an SDSU student, was arrested by San Diego Police and taken to the county jail for the burglary.

Outstanding warrant

A traffic stop on College Avenue resulted in an arrest Sunday. After being pulled over, Heather Hartin, who is not an SDSU student, was found to have an outstanding warrant for a misdemeanor. Additionally, she was in possession of marijuana, hypodermic needles, prescription medication and burglary tools. Hartin was arrested and transported to Las Colinas Detention Facility.

Battery

On Saturday night, Oct. 16, about an hour after the end of San Diego State’s football game, a student was jumped at the Nu Alpha Kappa Fraternity. The subject, found bleeding with what appeared to be a broken nose, reported he had been jumped by members of the Gamma Zeta Alpha Fraternity. A suspect is known to the victim and the investigation is ongoing.

Possession of Methamphetamine

Two men in their early 20s, not affiliated with SDSU, were arrested at 11:30 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 16. Both Toma and Rachels were said to be under the influence of methamphetamine. While Toma was arrested for being under the influence of a controlled substance, Rachels was charged with possession of a controlled substance, possession of burglary tools, possession of hypodermic needles and parole violation. This occurred at the Alvarado Medical Center.

Drunk in public

A reported fight between eight large males, possibly involving a crowbar, out in front of Jack in the Box on College Avenue was called in a few minutes before 2 a.m. on Sunday, Oct. 17. When police arrived, there was no evidence to support a crowbar had been involved. One of the participants in the incident, Nima Karini, a 19-year-old non-student, was tracked down in Parking Structure 6 and arrested for being drunk in public.

—Compiled by Assistant News Editor Sarah Kovash and Staff Writer Hutton Marshall

Crime Beat/ 10-27-2010