Songs to get you through Finals: Fall 2012 Edition!

It’s that time of year again! No, not the holidays—finals! The time of year where students stock up on scantrons and pencils, and yet there’s that one guy who announces in your large lecture class, “Does anyone have an extra pencil/scantron?” The time of year when the library is so overcrowded with students preparing for exams you end up studying on the stairwell, or one of those chairs placed awkwardly by the restrooms.

It’s going to be a tough road, but with a little help from some great tunes, your studies and test taking just might go a little better. Whether you’ve been preparing for weeks or you’re just barely opening up that textbook, here are songs to get your through finals.

Neon Trees – Everybody Talks

A poppy tune that’s hard not to sing along to, “Everybody Talks” was released in 2011, but it gained much more momentum in 2012. Catchy, entertaining, and extremely relatable, “Everybody Talks” is sure keep you going during an all night study session.

fun. – Some Nights

I’m not going to lie, I’m somewhere in between like and dislike when it comes to indie pop band fun. However way I slice it, though, I have to admit that “Some Nights”, the title track from their second album, is extremely likeable, in the same vein as “We are Young”, their previous hit single. “Some Nights” is guaranteed to help you blow off some of that stress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-3CTWLhkR8

The Lumineers – Ho Hey

A ballad so soft and sweet that you wouldn’t be able to help yourself from taking a study break and watch the time go by. Remember that it’s always important to relax when you’re studying.

P!nk – Blow Me (One Last Kiss)

I’ve always had a great admiration for Pink—real name Alicia Beth Moore. She’s been cranking out hit songs since I was in elementary school and she’s never lost her pizazz or success. Always rocking songs about empowerment and kicking ass, Pink is sure to give you the motivation required to annihilate your finals (in a good way, of course).

Psy – Gangnam Style

The juggernaut of 2012, Psy’s “Gangnam Style” has now surpassed Justin Bieber’s “Baby” as the most watched Youtube video with a whopping 840 million hits. Feeling tired, and need something more than coffee and energy drinks to bring you back up? Try a little bit “Gangnam Style”.