Hollywood Happenings

Celeb of the WeekSuper Bowl XLVII

It’s probably no surprise Beyoncé is named The Daily Aztec’s “Celeb of the Week” after her memorable halftime show at the Super Bowl last Sunday, that left an impression on millions across the country. Her live performance included both old and new favorites such as “Crazy in Love” and “Halo.” Many were surprised when Destiny’s Child singers Michelle Williams and Kelly Rowland joined Beyonce onstage for group performances of songs including “Bootylicious” and “Single Ladies.” I think it’s safe to say Beyonce lived up to the crowd’s expectations of a phenomenal halftime show and looked amazing while doing it.

Romance 

Jason Sudeikis and Olivia Wilde are living proof the funny guys can land the babes if they play their cards right. The couple, who officially started dating in November 2011, announced the engagement in January.

After just two months of dating, singers Taylor Swift and Harry Styles decided to part ways. Although it’s not clear who initiated the breakup, or for what reason, there’s a good chance Swift will leak some of the juicy details onto her next album.

Sightings 

According to PopSugar, soccer deity David Beckham is back playing on the field. Fans were disappointed when they heard Beckham was leaving the Los Angeles Galaxy soccer team, but fortunately he hasn’t given up the sport. On Feb. 3, a few days after Beckham announced his new commitment to the Paris Saint-Germain soccer team, photographers snapped pictures of the Brit’s first practice.

Ben Affleck was awarded outstanding directorial achievement in feature film at the 65th annual Directors Guild of America Awards in LA last Saturday for his thriller film “Argo,” which he also acted in. According to People magazine, the multitalented Affleck acknowledged actress Jennifer Garner’s support during his acceptance speech saying, “I have to just thank my wife for being the best person in the world. I love you.” Since his win, there’s been buzz that he could take home the gold man for Best Picture at the Oscars. Tune in on Feb. 24 to find out.

Celebrity Trivia (answers at bottom)

1. Which actress had one of her first major feature-film roles alongside Jodie Foster in the thriller “Panic Room” and won three Young Artist Awards by the age of 12? This actress went on to become a household name after starring in a movie series based on a best-selling book.

A. Emma Watson

B. Jennifer Lawrence

C. Kristen Stewart

D. Dakota Fanning

2. This TV star got his first taste of acting playing Toto in his school production of “The Wizard of Oz.” As a teen, he became popular on an ‘80s-to-early-‘90s TV show playing a child doctor. and has continued TV acting on a highly acclaimed sitcom as a womanizer.

A. Mario Lopez

B. Neil Patrick Harris

C. Matthew LeBlanc

D. Jason Segel

3. This socialite-turned-celebrity underwent plastic surgery to make herself pretty for the camera to become famous. She landed a reality TV show and went on to play small parts in movies and commercials. In addition, she created several fragrances that are available at department stores. Isn’t that hot?

A. Kim Kardashian

B. Kelly Osbourne

C. Kimberly Stewart

D. Paris Hilton

4. This lead singer was so shy during his group’s first performance that he turned his back to the audience. Luckily, that was at a junior high dance and after playing in several different bands, he went on to be the front man of his current Grammy-winning band. This group released its debut album “Songs About Jane.”

A. Maroon 5

B. Breaking Benjamin

C. Plain White T’s

D. Fall Out Boy

5. This Disney sweetheart got her start at a young star performing at the Dallas Cowboys Thanksgiving day halftime show with her mother, who was a Cowboy cheerleader at the time. Before starring in a Disney show, she was a regular on “Barney & Friends.” She left Disney in 2011 to pursue a singing career.

A. Miley Cyrus

B. Selena Gomez

C. Demi Lovato

D. Taylor Swift

Hollywood Happenings