Bulls-Nets series offers defense, familiarity

Prediction: Bulls in 7

If you’re a fan of physical, close, low-scoring games, don’t miss this series. The matchup between the No. 4-seeded Brooklyn Nets and the No. 5-seeded Chicago Bulls appears equal on paper. Both teams have defenses ranking among the top 10 in points and have formidable frontcourts. The Nets have Brook Lopez at center and Reggie Evans at power forward, while the Bulls have Joakim Noah and Carlos Boozer. The Nets outmatch the Bulls in talent at the guard position—namely because of point guard Deron Williams. Williams played his best games of the season in the last 10 games of the year, averaging almost 9 assists and 24.2 points per game. The Bulls guards have done an admirable job despite the absence of Derrick Rose, but they are outmatched by Brooklyn. During the regular season, the Bulls beat the Nets three out of four times, including a win in Brooklyn. The Bulls might be at a disadvantage with Noah’s absence during the first games of this series because of plantar fasciitis in his right foot. However, the Bulls have shown they know how to win close games against the Nets.

Matthew Bain
Matthew Bain, Managing Editor
Matthew Bain is the managing editor for The Daily Aztec. He’s a senior journalism major with the Honors minor in interdisciplinary studies. His work has been featured in the The Daily Aztec, North Coast Current, SB Nation and Four El Magazine. He spent this past summer as a sports reporting intern with the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.