Interesting classes

Courtesy of StockPhoto
Courtesy of StockPhoto

Humanities 409

So you like to read sci-fi books and you may believe in a few Armageddon rumors. That’s ok, because SDSU offers a humanities class titled “The Future.” You can earn three units while learning about the visions for tomorrow, cloning, intelligent life and possibilities for the future. Prerequisites include completion of the General Education requirement for the humanities foundations of learning II.C. for  non-majors. This class is offered in the fall.

Psychology 349

Dismiss all the misinformation you’ve gathered throughout the years about drugs—both illicit and pharmaceutics—and gain some actual knowledge about how they work, where they come from and the effects they have on your body.

“Drugs and Behavior” is an upper division general education elective, so you won’t have to take it just because of the attractive title; it will actually serve as a graduation requirement for all majors. Take good notes and listen attentively because this just might be the course that saves your life. This class is offered in the fall.

Anthropology 360

Courtesy of StockPhoto
Courtesy of StockPhoto

The class is morbid and full of gore, but also extremely informative about crime. “From the Grave: Modern Forensic Anthropology” is also an upper division general education elective, so both a dark curiosity for the science behind murder cases and a graduation requirement will be satisfied. Prepare to be shocked and perhaps even a little frightened by the content of this class; it’s not so much a constant display of skull pictures that’s displeasing, but the detail in which the stories are told by the professors. This class is offered in the fall.

Biology 101 and 101L

This is the alternative to Biology 100, which is also pretty interesting—but this one focuses on cute and interestingly repulsive animals. At first the lectures are about little organisms that are invisible to the human eye, so the material is a bit difficult to grasp. But, once the conversation evolves to the creatures one would marvel at in a zoo visit, the lecture becomes an enjoyable learning experience. “World of Animals” is comprised of a lecture and lab, which can be taken separately, but will most likely result in double success if taken together.

Interesting classes