Drive-in provides inexpensive entertainment for the whole family

Looking for an activity that is fun and different? Take yourself back to the 1930s and sit back, relax and enjoy a movie at the drive-in. San Diego has a few drive-ins that give you some old-school style entertainment including Santee Drive-In Theatre and South Bay Drive-In Theatre.

Both drive-in theaters are open seven nights a week, year-round. Movies are broadcasted on FM radio, so attendees must have a working radio to hear the movies. For those who don’t want to watch from inside their cars, can also bring blankets and lawn chairs to relax under the stars. There’s also a concession stand at the drive-in for those who want to enjoy a snack while watching a flick.

Prices are $8 for adults (13 and older) and $4 for children (5-12). With these prices, people can experience two movies, for less than the price of one, at the Santee Drive In-Theatre. When picking a movie, attendees have the option of two theaters, each showing different films.

South Bay Drive-In Theater offers a variety of flicks weekly and its new upgraded Technalight projectors make it a quality viewing experience. Prices are $8 for adults and $1 for kids. Every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday a swap meet takes place with tons of vendors. Admission is $1 on Wednesdays and 50 cents on Saturday and Sunday. South Bay Drive-In Theatre offers an assortment of snacks and beverages. Customers have the option of indulging in delicious Mexican food, or snack on traditional theater food such as popcorn and hotdogs.

Drive-in movies are a great activity for any occasion, it’s an inexpensive way to spend your night and enjoy the company of a date or even your friends and family. It gives people the opportunity to move around, play board games, converse, share meals or puppy pile on a stack of blankets to keep warm.

Also read: ‘The Laramie Project’ provides an emotional experience