San Diego DJ brings the funk back

From resident San Diego DJ, to festival headliner, TJR is bringing the funk back with LED and Fluxx Nitclub’s IDGAF club series.

Performing a string of festivals and clubs around the world, TJR has been on a roll since 2013 and continues the good times into the new year. This is TJR’s first show back in San Diego since last Halloween’s epic Dada Land Compound. TJR has really come into his own: starting out as an opener for some of the biggest names in EDM, to headlining and performing alongside them. TJR is fresh off HARD Fest’s annual New Year’s cruise “Holy Ship,” a weekend on the seas with a who’s who of DJs. From Diplo to Skrillex, RL Grime to Dillon Francis, TJR has joined an elite cast and crew of producers and DJs.

Known for his signature booty-bouncing bass, TJR has built a formidable library of originals and remixes. His hits “Ode To Oi” and “What’s Up Suckaz” have been staples in set lists during the past year. Breaking away from his acid house and techno roots, TJR’s sound has evolved as he now stands at the forefront of Melbourne Bounce: an energetic, funky genre that commands you to move on the dance floor. Night in and night out, TJR always knows how to get crowds jumping.

If you’re 21 or older, Fluxx is the place to be this Thursday, Feb. 6. Tickets start at $10, so get them early and don’t miss out. Accompanied by opening act Mossberg Pump, LED and Fluxx’s collaboration, the evening will likely be a huge hit.

Also read: OMFG! 2014 starts the New Year off right

Alek Sanchez, Staff Writer
Alek is a business administration senior, with an emphasis in management information systems, but don't let his background fool you. He began writing for The Daily Aztec his freshman year, starting out with extensive video game coverage, before branching out to review box-office hits and sold-out concerts. For his last semester at SDSU, he's looking forward to showcasing the many great opportunities available to students here at State.
San Diego DJ brings the funk back