Artist Spotlight of the Week: Real Estate

TGIF! Invest in your musical happiness and listen to some Real Estate.  No joke, this band always makes my day a little brighter with their easy-going guitar riffs and sweet voices.  Almost forgetting that they are far from being SoCal bred musicians, that’s probably what makes them so chill to begin with (Ridgewood, New Jersey to be exact).  Their music is perfect for cruising on the freeway as you embark on a trip to the beach with your pals.  Founded by Matt Mondanile, Martin Courtney, Alex Bleeker, and Etienne Pierre Duguay in 2008, they have been coming out with stellar music beginning with their EP “Reality” (2009), followed by their self-titled album “Real Estate” (2009) and “Days” (2011).

So bummed I missed out on their Coachella Valley Music Festival performance in 2012, I seriously need to get on the ball and watch them live.  Also, they will be playing this weekend at the SXSW festival in Austin, Texas.  Real Estate was dubbed one of the “10 Acts Everyone Will Be Talking About This Year In Austin” on BuzzFeed.com.  I am quite jealous that my cousins are able to listen to them at SXSW, being it that I’m sure they will bring the house down.  Real Estate is definitely a band to be on the lookout for, and their new album “Atlas” (2014) just debuted this March -I highly recommend it (because it is simply fantastic).

Check out some of their music below, you’ll be glad you did.

“Out Of Tune” (Feat. in their 2009 album, “Real Estate”)

“Primitive” (Feat. in their latest album, “Atlas”)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HeIs1PjSKc