Grammy-winning Mraz returns to San Diego

Olivier Douliery, Abaca Press, MCT

Jason Mraz, an American singer-songwriter, comes back to the place where he first found fame, our very own sunny San Diego. Mraz is on tour promoting his fifth studio album titled Yes!, which was released in July. He co-wrote the album with all-girl indie-rock band Raining Jane, who will also join him on tour this fall.

Mraz is constantly recognized for his unique music. He has won several awards, including a Grammy for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance for his song “Make It Mine,” as well as a Grammy for Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals for his single “Lucky” that featured Colbie Collait. However, Mraz is being recognized for much more than just his music.

Mraz established the Jason Mraz Foundation in 2011 that seeks to “invoke and inspire change in the human experience by advancing equality, promoting the arts, empowering through education and preserving the environment.” As of Aug. 7, Mraz is selling Yes! guitar string bracelets to raise money for his foundation and help support his foundation’s partners that include VH1 Save the Music Foundation and Surfrider.

If you want a chance to see this inspiring and talented individual, he will be performing at the San Diego Civic Theater. After completely selling out his show for Aug. 21, he decided to add two more back-to-back shows on Aug. 22-23 due to the high demand.