Hip-hop club holds auditions for new members

KOdanceAre you a San Diego State Aztec who loves to dance? Well put on those dancing shoes Aztecs because K.O. is looking for new dancers! Not specialized in the hip-hop style? No problem! K.O welcomes all styles and backgrounds.

“K.O is a fun way to get involved on campus while bonding with our members and sharing our love of dance,”  Alyssa Cronemeyer, the K.O. vice president, said. “My favorite part of being a part of K.O. is of course the dancing, but also the leadership opportunity it presents. We’ve grown into a family and it’s a really fulfilling experience!”

K.O. is a dance club at SDSU that prides itself on diversity and excellent team membership.  K.O. specializes in hip-hop dance and performs at various events throughout the school and the San Diego community.

“We’ve been on campus for the past 4 years and we have recently made great strides in our popularity and outreach.  Our goal for this year is to perform at more athletic events, events on campus, and of course our annual showcase at the end of the school year,” Cronemeyer said.

This year auditions will be held in room 241 of Peterson Gym. It is recommended that dancers coming to audition be prepared with a thirty second to one minute dance of their own choreography so judges can see each person’s individual style. On the first day of auditions this Saturday, September 20 from 11 a.m.- 3 p.m., current K.O. members will be teaching a tryout combo and then break into small groups to further practice the dance for the judges. The following day, from 12 p.m.-3 p.m. K.O. will features guest judges to analyze each dancer’s performance. Each participant will be split into groups from three to five and perform for our guest judges.

“My favorite part of auditions is seeing all the different types of people that come out! It’s really cool watching how other dancers interpret our choreography and make it their own. I love the fact that we’ve been able to attract so many people with varying backgrounds in dance,” Cronemeyer said.

Don’t miss a chance to be apart of the K.O. Hip-Hop team for the 2014-2015 year!

Christine Whitman, Arts and Culture Editor
Christine Whitman is the arts and culture editor for The Daily Aztec for the 2016-17 academic year. She is a senior studying public relations and communications here at San Diego State. Christine started writing for The Daily Aztec in 2013 and has never looked back. For questions of comments, contact Christine at features@thedailyaztec.com