NCAA Southeast region preview

I lost a crap ton of my money while staying in Las Vegas this past weekend by predicting the outcome of things. So if you’re still reading this, cool. You’re an idiot. Actually, I didn’t lose a crap ton of my money; I lost a crap ton of my parents’ money. Sorry Mom and Dad, y’all should’ve had that abortion.

EARLY UPSET

This upset is so early that it happened before the tournament even began: Florida is a two-seed. They shouldn’t be that high. That’s dumb. Dumb things upset me.

Florida didn’t even win its conference tournament and dropped games to Southern Carolina, Jacksonville and UCF this season. It’s unbelievable that San Diego State wins 32 games with only two losses and has to pray for a two seed, while Florida can do all of that and get its two seed no problem.

BRACKET BUSTER

If you think Kansas State will be a “bracket buster,” think again, because that’s what I think.

Kansas State has had some puzzling losses this season: three to Colorado and one to Oklahoma State. It is also playing Utah State which might be the most under-seeded team in the history of the tournament. A 30-3 championship squad as a 12 seed? Watch for Kansas State to fall in the opening round, and the Aggies to bust your bracket.

PLAYER TO WATCH

Jimmer Fredette. Duh. Also, watch anyone playing him. The looks on people’s faces after getting “Jimmered” are priceless. I know a lot of you SDSU fans don’t like me saying that.

MATCHUP TO WATCH

This bracket doesn’t have a key matchup. That’s how much it sucks.

But I guess if Belmont can upset Wisconsin and Utah State can upset Kansas State, that would be the matchup to watch. Seriously, how often do you see a 12 seed versus a 13 seed in the second round? That’s good TV.

NCAA Southeast region preview