10 ways Gilmore Girls relates to all college students

by Elpin Keshishzadeh, Opinion Editor

If you have watched the glorious seven seasons of the most wonderful television series (three times through if you’re super committed), you understand why “Gilmore Girls” is applicable to everyone’s life — especially college students.

If you haven’t watched the glorious seven seasons of the most wonderful television series, get your priorities straight.

1. For every college student, Monday is the enemy. But we must be strong.

GG gif 1

2. Every time some absurd individual decides to give you the rundown of the side effects of coffee, you immediately get defensive.

GG gif 9

3. Registration is hell. Oh, a night class until 10 p.m.? It’s OK, dinner can wait until next semester.

GG gif 8

4. You are set to experience weeks of anxiety before that ridiculously difficult midterm is graded and returned back to you.

GG gif 10

5. Eating healthy has become a thing of the past. Will it be Chipotle or Oggi’s?

GG gif 6

6. You learn quickly time management is easier said than done. Half of the textbook to read the night before the exam? Challenge accepted.

GG gif 5

7. Dressing pretty for school stops as soon as it starts. Pull out the yoga pants.

GG gif 4
Source: www.gilmoregirlsgifs.tumblr.com

8. Actually working out regularly? Cute.

GG gif 3

9. When you realize how behind you are on your coursework — even with an average of four-hours of sleep a night.

GG gif 2

10. Weekends are no longer for sleep. They become days to make up all the things you couldn’t get done during the week. So, everything.

gg gif 11

Congratulations, your life has been Gilmored.

GG gif 7

6 Responses to “10 ways Gilmore Girls relates to all college students”

1. Bee on January 28th, 2015 10:13 am

Hi, firstly, I totally relate, secondly, there’s something that bothers me. I know you probably didn’t do this on purpose, but I see you used a gif I made (the 7th one) and didn’t mention my blog as a source (the same goes for all the other gifs made by different gifmakers). Now, I know this was not intentional but I find it disrespectful as sometimes it takes quite a long time to make a gif. So please, I’d appreciate if you could put my blog as the source under the gif? Thanks a lot.

2. exlex on January 28th, 2015 10:41 am

“Three times through if you’re super committed”? Please. I’ve watched the complete 7 seasons like 10 times and I’m still on it. 7th season right now.

3. Andrea on January 28th, 2015 1:26 pm

I agree 3 times through is nothing. As soon as season 7 ends it’s right back to season 1 and starting all over and after how much Christopher is in season 7 I look forward to season 1. I hate hate hate Christopher!

4. Andreia on January 28th, 2015 12:29 pm

Exactly!! 3 times is nothing. I also have watched it over 10 times. But, since there will never be such a great series, I never watched the last 15 episodes of the 7th season. It is comforting for me to know that I still have brand new GG episodes to watch!!!! Nonetheless, it is extremely hard to keep myself from watching them xD

5. Sheree on January 28th, 2015 1:27 pm

3 times? *pfft! I’ve watched the ENITRE season every semester break.

6. Sheree on January 28th, 2015 1:27 pm

*ENTIRE