All About an Aztec: Spencer Thorton

Courtesy of SDSU Baseball

Spencer Thorton is a business management senior 

Campus Involvement and Position:

Baseball, Member of Student Athletic Advisory Committee.

What is the first thing you do every morning before heading to school?

Eat a healthy breakfast, go to the baseball field and hit in the batting cages, shower off and go to class.

What was your favorite elective class that you’ve taken?

TFM160 Cinema as Art & Communication. I enjoyed all the movies the professor showed the class and found it interesting to take an in-depth look at a movie’s hidden messages and meanings.

What inspired you to choose your major?

My dad is a business man himself and started his cattle feeding business when he was 18. I always thought it was awesome how he did something he loved and was still able to earn a good enough living to provide for my brother and I many great opportunities. I do not necessarily want to be in the same business as my dad, but he definitely inspired me to want to use business as a means to provide my family with the same opportunities.

What’s something that would surprise people about you?

I’m more of a cat person than a dog person. My cat’s name is Frisky, he is a pretty cool character.

What advice would you give SDSU freshmen for their time at school?

Put school and good grades at the forefront of your priorities. Everyone’s main focus should be to use SDSU as a platform to further their education and allow themselves to obtain a meaningful occupation. Being caught up with school makes for one less thing to worry about and makes it easier to enjoy all of the other activities we all know SDSU has to offer.

One Response to “All About an Aztec: Spencer Thorton”

1. Troy on January 22nd, 2015 2:53 pm

Wow that Spencer Thornton kid sure is great!