Crime beat: two sexual assaults, unusual 911 call

by Jamie Ballard, Staff Writer

A man harassed students outside the library on April 21 at 1:18 p.m., accusing them of being members of the Islamic State, according to a campus police bulletin.

Several hours later, at about 6 p.m. in Parking Structure 1, a man who appeared to be in his 40s was found wandering, looking confused in a blue hospital gown. San Diego State police assisted him, according to the media bulletin.

Sexual assault reports

An alleged on-campus sexual assault was reported to the SDSU Police Department at 6:40 p.m. on April 21. The caller said she was with a victim who was sexually assaulted April 18.

Another on-campus sexual assault was reported to police by the Calpulli Center on April 24. According to the report, alcohol was a factor.

Unusual 9-11 call

During a 9-11 call at 10:04 p.m. on April 25 a dispatcher heard a man say, “Please, no.” The dispatcher called back to ask if there was an emergency,  and a man’s voice replied, “I don’t believe so.” The operator said they thought they heard a possible struggle. Police were unable to locate the call.

Trespassing Zura 

Two people dressed all in black were spotted hopping the fence into the Zura Residence Hall construction site at 2:09 a.m. on April 26, according to police. The individuals reportedly hopped over the fence on Tenochca Walkway, and made their way to the south side of the construction site. Police were unable to locate the suspects.