Crime Beat/ 11-04-10

By Compiled by Staff Writer Hutton Marshall

Burglary at Sigma Chi

Oct. 19, at approximately 4 p.m., Alan Chapman, 47, who is not affiliated with San Diego State, broke into the Sigma Chi Fraternity and began to take electronic equipment out of the house. He was confronted by members of the fraternity, who then cornered him with a baseball bat and called the authorities. They then discovered Chapman’s accomplice in a getaway car in the complex’s parking lot. The fraternity members closed the front entrance to the parking lot so the suspect would not be able to leave. The police arrived and arrested both perpetrators. The SDSU Police Department does not advocate this kind of action when dealing with potentially dangerous criminals, although it was successful in this case.

Police assistance at

Aztec Corner

Friday, Oct. 22, just before midnight, police received a call about an intoxicated, shirtless male student chasing passersby in the alley behind the apartments. The police arrived to find the subject had returned to his room in Aztec Corner. While officers did visit the room and speak with the subject, they decided not to take action against him

Public intoxication

Tuesday, Oct. 26, at approximately 2 a.m., Robert Terry’carter, 35-year-old non-affiliate, was arrested for public intoxication on Cuicicalli Walk in front of The Dining Room. He had several cuts on his face and an empty 40 oz. container of alcohol was found on his person. Terry’carter informed police he did not know where he was or how he got there and claimed he had received the facial injuries from being jumped earlier in the evening. Medical support deemed the injuries to be several days old. He was transported to the county jail.

Crime Beat/ 11-04-10