SDSU crime and incident report: Domestic violence, trespassing, bookstore theft

Domestic violence

On Tuesday, Jan. 26, shortly before 3 p.m., a domestic violence incident was reported at Parking Structure 5.

A woman was screaming and a man was bleeding from the ear and saying he was OK, according to San Diego State Police.

The woman drove away.

The man, a non-SDSU student, was arrested and transported to the county jail for domestic violence.

Disturbing the peace

A man was screaming at people walking between Maya Residence Hall and the housing office on Jan. 26 around 4 p.m.

SDSUPD received multiple reports on the subject.

When they arrived on the scene, they determined no crime had occurred.

Battery

On Jan. 26, shortly before 5 p.m., battery occurred at Parking Structure 4.

According to a report, a male subject followed a woman to the top level of the parking structure. He approached her and threw water at her.

The man then screamed profanities at her and looked intoxicated, according to SDSUPD.

The woman reported no injuries.

Suspicious circumstances

On Friday Jan. 29, around 3 p.m., SDSUPD received a report that a subject was filming people without their permission.

The subject was on Campanile Drive on campus.

He was described as a 6-foot man, around 28 years old with dark hair a little longer than a buzz and a dark goatee.

He was unable to be located, according to SDSUPD.

Trespassing

On Sunday, Jan. 31, around 5 a.m., SDSUPD received a report there was a man setting off alarms, going into people’s rooms, watching them sleep and taking pictures of them in University Towers.

SDSUPD later received a second report that at around 4:30 a.m. a man stood over a woman and her roommate and took pictures of them with a cell phone.

The subject is described as a Hispanic male, around 5-foot-6-inches tall with medium build, dark hair and facial hair.

The subject was unable to be located, according to SDSUPD.

Petty theft

On Monday, Feb. 1, shortly after noon, an SDSU student was arrested for petty theft from the Aztec Shops Bookstore on campus. The student attempted to steal a book and a calculator from the store.

According to SDSUPD, the student was arrested, cited for petty theft and released.

Public intoxication

On Monday, Feb. 1, at 8:43 p.m., SDSUPD received a report of a disturbance in the Conrad Prebys Student Union dining room next to Chipotle. A male was reported to be drinking, making a scene and bothering students.

Officers responded to the scene.

Alex Piscatelli, Engagement Editor