SDSU crime and incident report: Petty theft, DUI

by Alex Piscatelli, Staff Writer

Petty theft

A San Diego State student was arrested at the East Commons Aztec Market on Thursday, March 3 shortly after 3:30 p.m.

He attempted to steal two Quest bars, according to the SDSU Police Department.

He was arrested and cited for theft.

On Friday, March 4 before 2:30 p.m., an SDSU student was arrested for theft at the SDSU Bookstore.

She attempted to shoplift six articles of clothing valued at over $200.

Public intoxication

Early Friday, March 4, around 1:30 a.m., a man was arrested for public intoxication.

SDSUPD received a report of a man sleeping outside of Peterson Gym, SDSUPD Cpl. Mark Peterson said.

When officers arrived, they discovered the non-SDSU student was highly intoxicated and arrested him on the scene.

Public intoxication — jail

A non-SDSU student was arrested for public intoxication at Parking Lot Q late Friday night around 11:45 p.m.

SDSUPD received a report of an intoxicated passenger unconscious in an Uber, Peterson said.

The subject, an 18-year-old female, was arrested when officers arrived.

DUI/drunk driver

Early Saturday morning, March 5, around 2:20 a.m., SDSUPD arrested a non-SDSU student for driving while intoxicated.

He was arrested for DUI, Peterson said.

Another non-SDSU student was arrested for DUI the morning of Monday, March 7, at 1:05 a.m.