SDSU student died at Hard Summer Music Festival

Alyssa Dominguez - Facebook

Alyssa Dominguez - Facebook

Alyssa Dominguez - Facebook

by Jamie Ballard, Managing Editor

San Diego State student Alyssa Dominguez was reportedly one of three people who died at the Hard Summer Music Festival in Los Angeles this past weekend.

LA County Sheriff’s spokeswoman Jodi Miller said to the Los Angeles Times that the cause of death had not been determined for any of the three individuals, including Dominguez. An eyewitness, Angel Ghaemi, told the Times that she saw an officer attempting to give CPR to a woman outside the venue, who she later realized was Dominguez.

“I can never forget,” Ghaemi said to the LA Times. “She looked beautiful, that’s all I could think. It was the most surreal, life-changing moment of my life.”

Posts from friends on Dominguez’s Facebook account remember her as beautiful, kind and inspiring. She was reportedly a member of AB Samahan, a Filipino organization at SDSU.

Alyssa Dominguez - Instagram

Alyssa Dominguez – Instagram

Friends report the Dominguez family and close friends are asking for privacy during this time.

Update, 9:42 a.m. PST: The university has confirmed Dominguez was a student at SDSU. They are not planning to release a statement at this time.

Counseling is available for students. Students can call Counseling and Psychological Services at (619) 594-5220 or visit its website.

2 Responses to “SDSU student died at Hard Summer Music Festival”

1. The truth on August 3rd, 2016 1:31 am

The person interviewed is not who gave her CPR. This woman must be mistaken and it is disheartening that she is being reported as the one being with her that night when it was not. It was a male and a paramedic that night trying to revive her. Once again false stories are floating around. I would expect more from the school she actually went to. This is just sad and wrong.

2. Patrick Do on August 3rd, 2016 4:52 pm

“Angel Ghaemi, told the Times that she saw an officer attempting to give CPR to a woman outside the venue”

The article did not state that the person interviewed was the one who gave CPR. It stated that she saw an officer give CPR to her. So all your anger is wrongly directed towards the school news paper.

But I can agree the quotes of the person beautiful and dying a little sensationalist.