SDSU crime and incident report: Suspicious package,

by Will Fritz, Staff Writer

Trespassing

At 8:43 a.m. on Aug. 17, a man was found sleeping in the patio area of the College Avenue Starbucks. A non-San Diego State student, was arrested for “possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia,” according to a campus police report. He was taken to the county jail.

Vandalism

At 1:43 p.m. on Aug. 17, campus police responded to a call about a light pole near the Dramatic Arts building that was down. The reporting party believed the pole was taken down by a vehicle. Officers took a report, but Cpl. Mark Peterson said the actual cause of the damage has not been determined.

Disturbing the Peace

Campus police received a report of three people harassing customers at the College Avenue Starbucks at 3:32 p.m. on Aug. 18. The subjects were described as two Caucasian males and one Caucasian female. A customer stated that the three suspects may have been on drugs. A When police arrived, only one subject remained, and agreed to leave.

Suspicious Activity

A suspicious package was reported in parking structure one on College Avenue on Aug. 18. The item was on a wooden pallet, shrink wrapped, and approximately 3.5-feet-tall. The reporting party believed it to be suspicious because it was unlabeled. Officers arrived and determined it had been left by contractors working in the area.

Suicide Attempt

At 11:32 p.m. on Aug. 20, campus police were informed of an intoxicated man making suicidal threats at the MTS transit center on Campanile Drive. Officers arrived and determined the man was experiencing a mental health emergency. He was transported to the hospital for treatment. The man is not affiliated with SDSU.

Disturbing the Peace

Officers responded to a report of underage drinking and subjects “possibly fighting” at 55th Street and Lindo Paseo at 11:30 p.m. on Aug. 23.
Two vehicles were reported as being possibly associated with drunk driving: a white Jeep and a dark green vehicle of unknown description.
Officers were unable to locate the subjects.