Crime and incident report: Urinating in public, battery

by Will Fritz, Senior Staff Writer

Trespassing

The San Diego State Police Department was notified that two subjects were seen on a display screen leaving a building on South Campus Plaza heading in the direction of Montezuma Road, around 9 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 31. Officers were unable to locate the subjects.

Traffic collision

After 12 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 1, a pedestrian was transported to Mercy Hospital after being struck by a vehicle at East Campus Drive and Montezuma Road. SDPD is investigating the incident.

Disturbing the Peace

At 1:23 a.m. on Sept. 1, SDSUPD responded to a report of a man being aggressive with students outside of the Zura residence hall. While officers were responding to the call, the man entered the Tenochca residence hall and began banging on doors. According to Cpl. Mark Peterson, once officers contacted the man, he agreed to leave the area.

At 6:09 p.m. on Sept. 1, SDSUPD was notified of a man creating a disturbance by shouting at people in the parking lot of Domino’s Pizza on College Avenue, refusing to leave. A non-SDSU student was arrested and transported to county jail for an outstanding felony warrant for probation violation according to Cpl. Peterson.

Public intoxication

Before 2:30 a.m. on Sept. 1, a SDSU student was seen wandering into the California Coast Credit Union Open Air Theater and later doing cartwheels and dancing in the sprinklers in front of Hepner Hall. The student was arrested and taken to the county jail for public intoxication.

Battery

SDSUPD responded to a report of a battery at the MTS transit center before noo. on Sept. 1. A man had asked the reporting party for money but received a negative response. He then hugged the victim and kissed her on the cheek after she told him not to.

Suspicious person

At 10:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 3, a caller informed SDSUPD they had been sitting in their vehicle when a man approached them to offer drugs. The incident occurred in Parking Lot 17 on Alvarado Road. Officers took a report of the incident.

Urinating in Public

At 10:50 p.m. on Sept. 3, a non-SDSU student was arrested on the Aztec Walk for public urination.