An Art Director’s sincere goodbye

Hello readers, my name is Hannah and I have been a graphic designer with the Daily Aztec for about a year and a half.

My time working here has been such a huge learning experience and I have met so many wonderful and talented individuals.

I have learned to find my own voice and follow my own artistic visions.

I have learned to work with individuals outside of the design department and have made their ideas come to life on the printed page.

Getting the opportunity to work at The Daily Aztec has not only helped me grow as a writer but also as a person.

Many of your professors have probably mentioned the importance of networking.

At The Daily Aztec you not only get this opportunity to network with your peers, but also with other working professionals in various occupations.

On a more personal note, besides networking, the Daily Aztec crew becomes your family almost instantly.

Everyone here is very sweet and has strong, inspiring personalities that make the workplace fun and energized.

I couldn’t ask for a better team of writers who push me to create pieces I would have never thought to produce on my own.

I have worked on a variety of projects including information graphics, editorial illustrations, and cover designs.

After working at The Daily Aztec I feel more prepared for the real world where preparing for the unexpected becomes the expected and that’s okay.

I will never forget the friends I have made, the memories that have been shared and late nights of doing what I love while being hilariously frustrated all at the same time.

Leaving San Diego State and especially my Daily Aztec crew will be bittersweet, but I can only hope that I can make all my friends proud and colleges proud.

I have made my mark at The Daily Aztec and hope that the designers who follow me can make The Daily Aztec even better than how I left it.

The Daily Aztec deserves the best designers our school has.

For all the designers out there looking to test their skills. I would highly recommend applying to work as a designer for The Daily Aztec.

You won’t regret it.

Tired senior signing off.

I wish everyone the best of luck and for those of you who know me, if you ever need an ear or a helping hand I’m only a social media message or phone call away.

Editor’s Note: The Daily Aztec would like to thank Hannah for the numerous last-minute designs, “punny” headlines, ramen noodles and her grandma advice. We wish her all the best in the Bay Area.

An Art Director’s sincere goodbye