Crime and Incident Report: Suspicious person, petty theft

Suspicious Person

At 7:37 a.m. on March 29, San Diego State police contacted a man for sleeping in a doorway of a building in the Alvarado Medical Center and advised the man to leave the area.

Campus police responded to a report of a number of people sleeping in an enclosed dumpster area near Parking 6 at about 8:30 a.m. on March 30. The individuals agreed to leave the area upon contact with officers.

Officers conducting a security check of the Extended Studies building made contact with a man in the facility at 11:26 p.m. on March 31. A records check of the man revealed he was the subject of a court-mandated stay-away order from campus, SDSUPD Cpl. Mark Peterson said. The man was arrested for this violation.

At 3:18 a.m. on April 4, a non-SDSU student was contacted by officers near the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union, and was arrested, cited and released for possession of controlled substance paraphernalia.

At 8:12 p.m. on April 4, police were notified of a man in the Malcolm A. Love Library touching library patrons, approaching patrons with trash items and having conversations about killing people. The man, a non-SDSU student, was contacted by officers and given a 7-day order to stay away from campus.

Disturbing the Peace

Officers were notified of two men in a physical fight near the MTS transit center at 12:25 a.m. on April 5. One of the men, a non-SDSU student, was transported to Alvarado Hospital for related injuries. A report was taken on the matter.

A man was reported to campus police for “acting erratically” at the Habit Burger Grill around 6:30 p.m. on March 30. Responding officers contacted the man, a non-SDSU student, and he was transported to a county mental hospital for further evaluation.

Vehicle Burglary

A purse was reported stolen from a vehicle in Parking Structure 7 after 1 p.m. on March 31.

Police were informed a stereo auxiliary cord and a tissue box were stolen from a vehicle parked in the Piedra Del Sol parking lot sometime between 8 p.m. on March 31 and 9 a.m. on April 1.

Petty Theft

A bicycle was reported taken from the Habit Burger Grill at about 4:30 p.m. on March 31. The theft was believed to have occurred sometime after Tuesday, March 28.

At 11:31 a.m. on April 3, an SDSU student was detained at the campus bookstore for theft of a storage drive valued at $170. The student was arrested, cited and released for petty theft.

A black Mongoose bicycle was reported stolen from the Tacuba residence hall after 4:30 p.m. on April 3.

At 3:22 p.m. on April 4, a non-SDSU student was arrested, cited and released for theft of three key chains and three lanyards, valued at $40, from the SDSU bookstore.

Vandalism

A rock was thrown at the rear window of the Olmeca residence hall at around 8 a.m. on April 1.

Campus police were informed of a possible attempted break-in at the faculty/staff club the morning of April 3. The attempt was believed to have taken place over the weekend. A speaker wire was reportedly cut, and a window screen and chairs were moved around.

Will Fritz
Will Fritz, Editor in Chief
Will Fritz is the editor in chief of The Daily Aztec for the 2018-19 academic year. A fourth-year journalism major, he's a weekend breaking news reporter for City News Service, an editorial intern at Voice of San Diego and president of SDSU's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Follow him on Twitter at @fritzed_, and contact him directly at (619) 594-4190 or editor@thedailyaztec.com.