Crime report: Firearm on campus, stolen skateboard and bicycle

Brandishing a Weapon

San Diego State police responded to a report of a man with a gun near the Tarastec residence hall on 55th Street at about 7:45 p.m. on April 16. A non-SDSU student was arrested and taken to county jail for brandishing a firearm replica, exhibiting a firearm in police presence, carrying a firearm on a university campus without permission and probation violation.

Drug Activity

At 1:11 p.m. on April 12, university police were informed a Chapultepec student resident opened a mail package containing marijuana in front of desk staff. A report was taken on the matter.

Police responded to a report of loud music and the odor of marijuana at Chapultepec Residence Hall around 11 p.m. on April 12. A citation was issued.

Petty Theft

A bicycle was reported stolen from the Tepeyac residence hall the morning of April 13. The theft was believed to have occurred sometime overnight.

A non-SDSU student was arrested for theft of a pair of socks, valued at $12, from the campus bookstore at about 1:45 p.m. on April 13.

A skateboard was reported stolen from the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union on April 16. The theft was believed to have occurred between 12:30-4:30 p.m. on April 14.

Trespassing

Police were notified of a number of transient individuals camped out in Parking 2A with a dog just before 10 a.m. on April 13.

A man was reported to campus police at about 2 a.m. on April 15 for sleeping outside on the second floor of the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union. The man was arrested, cited and released for this offense.

Vandalism
At about 4 p.m. on April 14, police were notified a black Toyota Prius had been keyed in Parking 3 between 4-7 p.m. on April 13.

Will Fritz, Editor in Chief
Will Fritz is the editor in chief of The Daily Aztec for the 2018-19 academic year. A fourth-year journalism major, he's a weekend breaking news reporter for City News Service, an editorial intern at Voice of San Diego and president of SDSU's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Follow him on Twitter at @fritzed_, and contact him directly at (619) 594-4190 or editor@thedailyaztec.com.