Crime report: petty theft and disturbing the peace

Handcuffs+icon

Petty Theft

Two men were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy and shoplifting around 12:30 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 18, after they allegedly ran out of Trader Joe’s on College Avenue with hand baskets filled with alcohol.

A bicycle was reported stolen to San Diego State police on Saturday, Aug. 19. The bicycle was believed to have been taken from the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union overnight.

Disturbing the Peace

Just before 9 a.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 16, a man near the MTS transit center was cited by university police for digging through trash cans and dumping trash in the street.

A man was reported to university police around 3:45 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 20, for “yelling profanities, making obscene gestures and asking for money” inside Trader Joe’s on College Ave.

Vandalism

After 5:30 a.m. on Thursday, Aug. 16, University police were notified someone sprayed a fire extinguisher in the area of the 5th floor lobby of the South Art building.

Will Fritz
Will Fritz, Editor in Chief
Will Fritz is the editor in chief of The Daily Aztec for the 2018-19 academic year. A fourth-year journalism major, he's a weekend breaking news reporter for City News Service, an editorial intern at Voice of San Diego and president of SDSU's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Follow him on Twitter at @fritzed_, and contact him directly at (619) 594-4190 or editor@thedailyaztec.com.