Crime and incident report: Imitation firearm, public intoxication

by Sarah Anderson, Staff Writer

Suspicious Person

At 7:39 p.m. on Aug. 31, a bus driver near the intersection of 55th Street and Montezuma Road notified police that a passenger had a possible firearm in his front pocket. The man, who was not a student, was arrested and taken to county jail, where he was cited and released on suspicion of altering and displaying an imitation firearm.

At 2:41 p.m. on Sept. 1, campus police received reports of a man blocking the bathrooms in the student union, smoking marijuana and throwing items out of a backpack. Responding officers determined the man was having a mental health emergency and took him to a nearby hospital, according to SDSUPD Cpl. Mark Peterson.

Public Intoxication

A non-student was arrested near the The Habit Burger in the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union for public intoxication at around 8:20 p.m. on Sept. 2. Campus police received reports that the man was “acting strange” and refusing to leave the establishment. He was arrested and taken to jail.

At 10:20 p.m. that same night, a student was arrested for public intoxication after he was found lying on the ground in the student union.

At 12:30 a.m. on Sept. 3, a student was arrested and taken to county jail for public intoxication after allegedly fleeing from an officer down Montezuma Road.

Theft

A bicycle was reported stolen from near the Cuicacalli residence hall the morning of Aug. 30. The theft was believed to have occurred earlier that morning between 1 a.m. and 7 a.m.

Five SDSU students were cited for petty theft at the SDSU Bookstore in three separate incidents between 12 p.m. and 5 p.m. on Aug. 30.

A bicycle was reported stolen from Zura residence hall after 5 p.m. on Aug. 30. Police were told the bicycle was last seen around 8 a.m. that morning.

Two bicycles were reported missing from near Eureka on College Avenue at about 8:30 p.m. on Aug. 30.

Police were told a bicycle was stolen from Campanile Mall at about 12:30 p.m. on Aug. 31.

At 12:43 p.m. on Aug. 31, an SDSU student was arrested and cited for allegedly stealing school supplies, valued at $169, from the bookstore.