Crime Report: Hydro Flask thefts, public drunkenness

by Sarah Anderson, Staff Writer

Suspicious Person

A non-student was arrested and taken to county jail for being under the influence of a controlled substance around 3 p.m Sept. 9, after being reported to police for talking to himself in the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.

Public intoxication

Police were told a man jumped a fence into the Cuicacalli Suites courtyard just before 1 a.m. on Sept. 10. After being contacted by officers, the man was arrested and taken to county jail for public intoxication and possession of a fake ID.

A man was arrested and taken to county jail for public intoxication about 2:45 a.m. on Sept. 10, after he was reported to police for being possibly asleep on a sidewalk on Campanile Mall.

Burglary

A MacBook laptop and $50 out of a cash box were reported taken from the Administration building Sept. 6. The theft incident was believed to have occurred between Sept. 1 and Sept. 5.

A facilities services vehicle was reported to have been found with its driver’s side window smashed at 6:41 a.m. on Sept. 10.

Grand Theft

A backpack was reported stolen from The Habit Burger on Sept. 7 at about 5 p.m. Police were told the backpack contained about $1,600worth of technology, including a laptop and several chargers.

Police were told between four and five individuals attempted to steal a golf cart from the ROTC training area around 9:30 p.m. on Sept. 9. The individuals fled after being spotted by the reporting party, Peterson said.

Petty Theft

Two SDSU students were cited for theft of Hydro Flasks from the Aztec Shops Bookstore on Sept. 5 between 3 and 4 p.m. Two additional SDSU students were arrested, cited and released for the same offense between 3:30 and 7 p.m. the following day.

A juvenile SDSU student was arrested, cited and released for theft of a textbook, valued at $43, from the bookstore before 6 p.m. on Sept. 6.

On Sept. 6, a men’s 10 speed bike was reported stolen from Albert’s College Apartments just before 11 a.m.

A cruiser bicycle was believed to have been taken from Olmeca Residence Hall between 9:30 p.m. on Sept. 7 and 10a.m. on Sept. 8. A report was taken.

A bicycle was reported stolen from the vicinity of the The Habit Burger around 11 p.m. on Sept. 9. The theft was believed to have occurred sometime in the previous seven hours.

At about 10 a.m. on Sept. 7, a student was cited for theft of $255 worth of merchandise from the bookstore.

A blue Stumpjumper bicycle was reported stolen from the bike racks at Olmeca Residence Hall. The theft was believed to have occurred on Sept. 10 sometime between midnight and 8 p.m.

At about 8:30 a.m. on Sept. 11, a man was arrested and taken to county jail for shoplifting unspecified items from the bookstore.