Two students robbed at gunpoint near campus

File+photo

Two San Diego State students were robbed at gunpoint in the pre-dawn hours Monday, the San Diego Police Department said.

At about 1:35 a.m., two students were walking off-campus near Dorothy Drive or Campanile Drive when two men approached them, police said.

One of the men was armed with a handgun, and the two demanded the students’ property.

After the robbery, the suspects were reported to have escaped in a white, four-door vehicle.

Neither of the victims were injured.

Police said the two suspects were described as black male adults, both weighing about 170 pounds and wearing black or dark-colored hooded sweaters, saggy pants and sneakers. One was said to be about 5-feet-7-inches tall, the other 5-feet-10-inches tall.

Anyone with information about the incident was asked to call SDPD at (619) 531-2000 or Crimestoppers at (888) 580-8477.

Will Fritz, Editor in Chief
Will Fritz is the editor in chief of The Daily Aztec for the 2018-19 academic year. A fourth-year journalism major, he's a weekend breaking news reporter for City News Service, an editorial intern at Voice of San Diego and president of SDSU's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Follow him on Twitter at @fritzed_, and contact him directly at (619) 594-4190 or editor@thedailyaztec.com.